Boredom Kills, Kids [Saturday 29th April 2017]

Happy Saturday everyone, hope you're doing good. I woke up at 8am after a pretty solid eight hours of sleep. After getting home from the bar, I was asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.  Only interrupted by my neighbours and their wailing infant at 5am. I don't mind, the baby is pretty adorable.

I thought I better do some exercise so I went for a nice long run. It's quite sunny outside and only slightly chilly and I found the run very pleasant actually. I've always enjoyed running, I'm not that bad at it either; I can run a 5k in under sixteen minutes, on a good day that is. Pro tip: try and run through a dodgy neighbourhood, it will make you run faster. After I had a good breakfast of my secret recipe porridge (oatmeal to Americans). Comment if you want the full recipe but it consists of adding a table spoon of whey powder into the milk and some other ingredients. Helps me get the gains (and the girls). I ate breakfast standing up because sitting down for more than six hours a day can dramatically increase your likelihood of getting diabetes; currently I'm writing this on my ironing board. If I am going to keep this up I am going to have to get a standing desk (very expensive) or maybe a better ironing board, I'll ask my mum for Christmas. That will make her proud, she'll think I actually iron my clothes (I only iron my suits but that's because my only other clothes are jeans and t shirts, oh and my lovely shoe collection).

It's a bank holiday weekend (yay), but I have nothing to do. No work, no plans with friends. I'll probably just sit down and pig out on chocolate...oh wait.  Boredom kills kids. Whoops, forgot my commas :). Boredom kills, kids. Guess I could read a book, is that still a thing? Reading books? I'll see what I can find. Nah can't find anything, I'll see how my friends are doing after last night...

Around 1pm I got to my friend's house, all the blinds shut, a letter poking through the letter box. I knocked loudly on the door, and about a minute later a ghostly figure opened the door. 
"Go away," He said "Your kind isn't welcome here."
"My kind?" I enquired.
"Yeah the happy-in-the-morning-sort." He said with a smile.
My friend is called Sam btw. I asked if he wanted to go and get some food. I knew some grease would do him good. We went to a local café, Sam got a bacon sandwich with tea, bastard. I had a mug of (black) coffee, it was good, would kill for a bacon sandwich though.

I spent the rest of the day with Sam, window shopping and the such. It's now about 5pm and I'm currently writing this. 

Obviously this blog is about trying to get other people to understand more about diabetes, and for people with diabetes to try and motivate to live healthy lives. I know diabetics who don't eat anything and are constantly on a low, or eat too much and just take so much insulin. I hate that, look after yourself, yeah? If you like this and want me to keep doing this, follow,  share, comment and all that good stuff! 

See ya tomorrow guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addicted To Sugar [Sunday 30th April 2017]

Elon Musk [Wednesday 3rd May 2017]

Coming To Terms With Type 1 Diabetes